Matsaman Yellow Curry Soup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- matsaman curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of chunky peanut butter (or 1/2 cup peanuts blended in a blender)
- 1/2 lb chicken
- 14 ounce (400 ml) coconut milk
- 2 potatos
- optional – sticky rice on the side
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Simmer until the onions are soft, but not colored.
Add the curry paste and fish sauce then bring to a boil.
At boiling point add in the chicken pieces, coconut milk, peanut butter and potato. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Great with some Thai sticky rice to dip in it.
*Variation – Mine has carrots too… they came in my organic veggie basket this week and I just couldn’t resist! Mmm